Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Letters to Peanut....

Well today is the day...this is not a drill...in just a few short hours we will know if our baby will be Karleigh Marie or Gage Matthew. I recieved this letter from my Dad this morning, this was written to Peanut. I read it and cried : ) I love this letter and plan to put it in Peanut's baby book one day. But for now, I will post it to the blog for all to see. I love you Dad, I know Peanut will love this letter one day too. I will keep you all posted on pink or blue today!! So without further ado..here is the letter from my Dad to our baby : )

Good morning Peanut!
How do you feel today? Are you one excited little person? I sure hope so……you have the whole family excited! This will be your last day to be a an anonymous tiny mystery.
You will earn a real name and no longer be just a little goober hiding deep inside your Mommy’s innards! We can start calling you Gage or Karleigh after your visit to the doctor today! How special is that?? What? Did you say something? Speak a little louder….you know Gramps can’t hear worth beans. You hope your name is Gage? Any special reason why you want that name? Do you want to be a little boy? You say that does not matter that much as long as the people around you accept and love you? I promise you that will not be a problem – you are already very deeply loved and no one has even seen your little face yet!! Oh, because it will be easier to spell when you start school….! That is a very sensible observation for such a teeny tiny head on your shoulders. But I will just bet if you want to start by writing Karli instead of Karleigh your Mommy won’t get upset with you. She is a very sweet lady in case you have not figured that out yet. But I’ll bet you know that already because you have seen how she is taking very good care of you. So don’t you worry about things like how to spell yet. That will come along in time and I know you will be able to handle anything you set your mind to. See? I have a lot of faith in you! You are one extraordinary baby! And this old man is really looking forward to meeting you and spending as much time as I am allowed to share in your little life. And it does not matter to me which name you choose today. I promise I will spend time playing with you and taking you places and teaching you a whole lot of things. Your Mommy knows that you don’t have to be a boy to enjoy being outdoors and going fishing and hunting and riding around in a truck in the mud. So you just keep cozy inside Mommy until you are ready to join the rest of the family. And then we will all have a wonderful time watching you grow up and share in the joys of the world again because we will get to see them anew through your little eyes. We will be so happy to know today which name you will be taking so we can plan ahead for the big day when you join us in this big wide world……and welcome you with hugs and kisses.
So you just take it easy for a few more months and enjoy the comfort your Momma is providing. Don’t you sweat the petty things right now, and don’t you pet the sweaty things later. See? Grampa has lots of important things to teach you……!

I look forward to seeing you later and we can eat some pasta! I will be able to call you a new and much nicer name than Peanut when I do…..What? You say you like that nickname? You can keep it! See I am easy! You are gonna like me, I promise!
OK?? Now who wants ice cream? Oh, you would like an Italian gelato instead? An exceptionally bright child….!! I knew it!! How many scoops? 3 or 4?
J
I love you my little grandbaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment