Friday, October 8, 2010

I FELT THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Thats how I feel right now!! Totally, completely, beyond words over the moon EXCITED!! Elated!!! OK, OK the whole story.....last night I went to have dinner with my Dad. Dustin was having dinner with his best friend so Dad and I decided to have a daddy daughter date night. I mentioned to my Dad on the way to the restaurant that the one thing I REALLY wanted for my birthday was to feel the baby move. He was surprised (like many) that I hadnt felt the baby already. I explained to him how nervous I had been about this....most people I know felt the baby at 16-18 weeks...here I was going on week 22 and nothing! I had actually mentioned to Dustin that I was nervous (OK really scared) that something had happened to our lil nugget and thats why I couldnt feel him. Dustin kept assuring me that there was nothing to worry about and Gage would "kick" at the right time.
So at the wee hours this morning my precious princess decided she wanted to get in the bed. Sometimes she and I host covert operations to sneak her in the bed without Dustin knowing. Well, last night she wanted to sleep right next to Dustin's head...which his allergies were having no part of. Not to mention...how can you be stealth when you're butt is parked next to Dad's head. So, we both kicked her out of the bed and I laid there trying to get comfy again when all of the sudden I felt it...It was just like everyone said it would be....a little butterfly feeling. I thought, this is too good to be true and figured it was just gas. I waited a few more minutes and then there it was....no mistaking that! THAT "bam" was definitely the baby! I jumped up in bed and told Dustin, "I felt the baby, I felt the baby!!" He sat up and asked, "do you think I can feel it," I told him I dont know try. So he placed his hand on my tummy and we sat there perfectly still. I was even scared to breathe...I wanted to feel it again so badly. Then all of the sudden..KICK...Dustin felt it too!!! Then the acrobat show really started...we laid there watching my tummy move every which way for about 30 minutes. SOOOOOO AMAZING!! I was so excited I told D I wanted to call everyone right then. I literally wanted to go knock on every one of our neighbor's doors and tell them I felt the baby move!! I started writing this blog in my head before the sun ever thought about coming up. I have never been so excited in my life! This was even cooler than when we found out Gage was going to be a boy...this was amazing, I cant stop saying that! : )

Last year on my 27th birthday, I got a house and an engagement ring from Dustin. We have all razzed him about how he would never top that birthday. This morning we laughed, and I told him somehow he had pulled off the unthinkable...this had definitely surpassed last year!! So DK, what are you going to do for my 29th? : )

This is hands down the most incredible feeling I have ever experienced...BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER!! Big thanks to you all for being such a tremendous part of my life this past year...its been a heck of a year!! And my precious little angel Gage Matthew Kelch...THANK YOU for the best birthday present ever. I couldnt have asked for a more amazing, perfect gift. God is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment