Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Proper Potty Lighting

This week's blog is another "awww" moment brought to you by DK. If you know Dustin you know he LOVES projects and fixing things...and you also know he will drive you absolutely batty until he finds a project to work on. This poor daddy-to-be has been super anxious about getting the nursery painted and maybe even building something in there for our lil person. But, since we dont know for sure what our lil bundle of joy will be...Dustin had to settle for just a small project here and there. In a desperate attempt to find something for him to "fix" I asked him last weekend to please install a dimming switch in the nursery so that when I/we got up with Peanut in the middle of the night we wouldnt have such a bright light shining down on us...better for Peanut and better for sleep deprived moms and dads. Before I knew it we were off to Lowes and one hour later, viola...we had a dimming switch in the nursery (GOT TO LOVE THAT GUY) That is one heck of a husband and a daddy to be! I thought maybe that little project would buy me some time...at least until this weekend. Nope...last night I was laying on the couch and I hear a "come here" from the master bathroom. Thinking...this is odd...and do I really want to go in there...I entered at my own risk. Dustin was in the water closet and said "come here, all the way inside I have a suprise for you" Even more neverous now...I stepped inside and D closed the door. He then turned the light off and then back on. The light that came back on was a cozy, low lit, barely even there light....perfect for moms-to-be that get up in the middle of the night to go potty no less than 18 times. Dustin them exclaimed, "now this is proper potty lighting" I died laughing. How in the world did I ever, ever get so incredibly lucky. He then proceeded to tell me he thought it only fair that if Peanut had a dimming switch then we should have one too and he thought a low light might be better for me in the middle of the night when I got up to use the restroom. I was elated!!! I didnt think I could be so excited about a dimming switch. This had to be one of the most thoughtful acts of kindness anyone had ever done for me. They say its the small things that count and boy were they right! At 2am when I got up the first time...I flicked on the bathroom switch and wouldnt you know it...that boy was right...it WAS the perfect, proper, midnight potty lighting. I love you my precious Daddy DK...thank you for being so wonderful to me, Peanut, and even D-Marie! We would all be lost without you my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment